Wednesday, June 13, 2007

In which I love down Maya Rudolph

I HAVE A GROWING OBSESSION with SNL's Maya Rudolph. She did this sketch as Donatella Versace selling a new, high-class version of Hot Pockets called Versace Pockets. It's fall out of your chair funny. Matt Damon is also in the sketch as Axl Rose, and now every time I go to microwave something, I wail, "You know what you are! You're going into the microwave, baby!" which, let me tell you, makes for a fun workplace environment.

Unfortunately, I can't find it on the Tube anyplace. Check it out here.

Maya also does a great Whitney Houston. In the season finale of SNL, they had fun with those new Geico commercials where the celebrity tells the real person's story, and she did her Whitney. Later in the show, "Whitney" popped into the Weekend Update to share some special "summretime" brownies with Amy and Seth. And now I'm sharing them with you. Pay it forward.

SNL - Whitney Houston stops by Weekend Update

"It's gonna be a messALRIGHT!"

No comments: