Wednesday, June 27, 2007

There's a thousand yous, there's only one of me

A COUPLE DAYS AGO I posted a handmade video for the Daft Punk song "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger." Today I heard Kanye West's new track, "Stronger," and guess what it samples? The same Daft Punk song. Oh shit, Kanye! You and I are totally fingers between eyes.

The song is the first single off Kanye's upcoming album, Graduation, that I'm legitimately excited about. I love the dark synth feel. And the video is beyond dope. As Pitchfork put it: "Expensive!"

Things that are awesome about the video:

1) Kanye's unreasonable venetian blind shades.

2) The mammoth, red Japanese subtitles.

3) Space Trooper robot costumes.

4) Colors.

Me likey. Here it is.

Kanye West - "Stronger"

"You can be my black Kate Moss tonight."

No comments: