Sunday, February 10, 2008

Give it to me.

GUESS WHO'S GONNA BE gainfully employed this summer?

After suffering the slings of excessive self-doubt, after countless recruiting cocktails and conversations with a dozen firms, after a slew of interviews where I whipped out my MECE at every conceivable instant, your boy's got an offer from a great firm.

Needless to say, I'm stoked. It's a firm I'd jocked all semester - smart, fun, genuine people, interesting, meaningful work, great brand name.

Early on in the process, a second-year at school told me that the whole recruiting process was like dating. You're out trying to make it happen with someone, putting out your best. That's recruiting events.

You find someone you're clicking with, but you're more into them than they are into you. You're just trying to keep them from getting tired of you, so you flash a little leg and telling all your really good stories. That's interviewing.

Then, at some point in the relationship, the power switches hands and you realize the person you're seeing is really into you. Supposedly, that's what it's like after the offer comes.

And then you realize that you're both into each other, and you make a ten thousand babies.

Let's just say I'm really looking forward to this stage in the relationship.

Amerie - "Gotta Work"

"Show me someone without a goal, show me someone with no control."

No comments: