Thursday, May 03, 2007

In which I represent for Long Ridge

PROFESSOR, SET THE WAYBACK MACHINE for Westhill High School, circa 1997.

Every year in Health class we learned all about gangs and why they were the devil. While this was valuable learning for certain members of the student body (I'm looking at you, homeroom girl who brought her box cutter to "kill a bitch!"), it was unnecessary for my Honors classmates. That is, unless Long Ridge was going to rumble with High Ridge over who had claim on late nights at the Bulls Head Diner.

Yes, I did just use the word "rumble," and I think that proves the point.

Although a valuable experience in the spirit of "diversity" training and knowing your "community," our primary take away was how to look hard by making the Blood sign in pictures. Which we did constantly over chicken fingers at The Diner - just like the kids in actual gangs!

Thank goodness for Regan-style social engineering - Just Say No to gangs, kids! I mean, I probably signed a fucking pledge about it. But hey, at least I managed to keep that promise.


"Are you stepping to my honey mustard, bitch? Hold me back! Hold me back!"

No comments: