Sunday, August 27, 2006

Staying Pretty

I HAVE A TENDENCY to be somewhat absentminded, and to do mildly idiotic things with startling frequency. When I was still living at home, I would notice my parents staring at me a little google eyed and shaking their heads. When I asked what was up, they would inevitably say something along the lines of, "For someone so smart, you sure do a lot of stupid shit." My friends here in DC have a more cutting response to this behavior. When I do something vaguely stupid, someone will look at me and sweetly say, "Aw. You're pretty."

I just had a distinctly pretty moment. I've been studying for the GMATs (a rare treat, like a laxative brownie), and have for weeks been planning my life around a test date of Wednesday, August 30th. I scheduled time off from work, planned my study schedule accordingly, and so forth. It's Sunday night and I just realized that my test is, in fact, on Thursday, August 31st. Nice job, Einstein. Whenever it is, lets try to remember to wear pants on test day, okay?

No comments: